- About us
Your personal data controller is the Slovenian Convention Bureau, Vojkova cesta 65, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia. It processes your data pursuant to the applicable legislation governing personal data protection. By taking proper measures, it ensures that unauthorised persons do not access personal data, it protects its confidentiality and integrity, and it prevents its loss or unintentional destruction throughout the entire time of being processed.
- What is personal information?
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify you as an individual, whereby “indirectly” means in combination with other information, e.g. your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, or a special identifier.
- Purposes and grounds for data processing
The Slovenian Convention Bureau collects and processes your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- the law and contractual relationships,
- consent, and
- legitimate interest.
On the basis of the consents, it will use your personal data for the purposes defined below and in accordance with your specific consent. It only collects as many personal data and only the personal data that is required to fulfil a particular purpose, namely:
- keeping a list of members of the Slovenian Ambassador Program,
- transmission of electronic notices, news, news, etc.,
- preparation of messages in domestic and foreign media related to the presentation and activities of the Slovenian Ambassador Program (web, print media, social networks),
- participation in events within the Slovenian Ambassador Program in the organization or co-organization of the Institute-Convention Bureau, keeping records on the participants of these events and publishing contact information in the list of participants,
- data that is automatically collected by website analytics
Based on a legitimate interest, the Convention Bureau will use your personal information for the purpose described below. It collects only as much personal information and only such personal information as is necessary to fulfil a specific purpose, namely:
- provision of electronic notices, news, news, press releases, preparation of announcements to the media and journalists, sending invitations to events within the Slovenian Ambassador Program, keeping a list of participants of events within the Slovenian Ambassador Program, preparing the image and video content within the events of the Slovenian Ambassador Program.
Contractual personal data processing
The contractual processors with whom the Slovenian Convention Bureau cooperates are:
- provider of the management and maintenance of the website of the Slovenian Ambassador Program,
- Destination Ambassador Clubs (Ljubljana, Maribor, Nova Gorica, Portorož, Bled, Kranjska Gora)
The Slovenian Convention Bureau shall not forward your personal data to unauthorised third persons.
The contractual processors may only process personal data in accordance with the instructions of the Slovenian Convention Bureau, and they shall not use personal data to fulfil any of their own interests.
- Cross-border flows of personal data
In special circumstances, the Slovenian Convention Bureau will be able to transfer your personal data into countries outside of the European Union/European Economic Area (EEA). Such transfers into third countries may refer to all processing activities described in section 3.
The Data Protection Act and other laws in countries outside of the European Economic Area, to which your data may be transferred, might not ensure such a high level of data protection as the laws in your country. We will take measures that are in accordance with the applicable legislation and are suitable for ensuring that your personal data remains protected. Such measures include the application of standard contractual clauses for protecting the flow of data outside of the EEA.
The Slovenian Convention Bureau has a very serious approach to data security. It uses a suitable level of protection and it has established reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative measures by way of which it protects the collected data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
- Your legal rights
As the person to whom the personal data refers, you have certain rights in relation to the personal data collected about you by the Slovenian Convention Bureau. The following list contains information on your rights that stem from applicable data protection laws:
Right to withdraw consent:
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time. You may withdraw the consent in the same way as you provided it (e.g. electronically).
Right to access:
you may request that the Slovenian Convention Bureau provides you with information on personal data that it stores about you, including information on which types of your personal data are stored, what this data is used for, where it is collected if not directly from you, and to whom it has been disclosed, if applicable, the period of storing your personal data, what your rights are related to your personal data, and information on the potential existence of automated decision-making (including profiling) and the reasons for such decision-making and the foreseen consequences of such processing for you.
Right of rectification:
You may request that the Slovenian Convention Bureau rectify any incorrect personal data pertaining to you that it holds.
Right to restrict:
You may request that the Slovenian Convention Bureau restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you challenge the accuracy of your personal data, namely with regard to the period which the Slovenian Convention Bureau requires to verify the accuracy of the data,
- the processing is unlawful and you require a restriction of processing rather than the deletion of your personal data,
- the Slovenian Convention Bureau no longer requires your data, but must keep it to enforce, implement, or defend your legal claims,
- you object to the processing while the Slovenian Convention Bureau verifies whether its legal basis predominates over yours.
Right to data portability:
At your request, the Slovenian Convention Bureau will, if technically feasible, transfer your personal data to another data controller if the processing is based on your consent or if it is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement, and if the processing is carried out using automated means.
Right to object:
if the processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the fulfilment of an agreement, and if the processing is carried out using automated means, you may object to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your special position. When your data is processed for the purposes of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purposes of such marketing, including profiling. Furthermore, you have the right to object for any reasons related to your special position to the processing of personal data with regard to these reasons when personal data is processed for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes, except if the processing is required to perform a task that is carried out in the public interest.
Automated individual decision-making, including profiling:
you have the right to request from the Slovenian Convention Bureau that a decision based only on the automated processing of your personal data not apply to you if such a decision produces legal effects for you or significantly affects you.
The right to submit complaints:
in the event of an alleged violation of applicable privacy laws, you may file a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for data protection in your country of residence or in the location where the alleged violation occurred.
Right to erasure:
You may request that the Slovenian Convention Bureau erases your personal data if:
- the personal data is no longer required for the purpose for which they were collected or otherwise processed,
- the processing is based on your consent and you withdraw this consent, and there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the processing is based on your consent and you object to such processing, and there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the personal data was processed unlawfully,
- this is necessary in order to fulfil statutory obligations,
Consents to the processing of your personal data that you have given to the Slovenian Convention Bureau can be revoked at any time. You can at any time request from the Slovenian Convention Bureau to cease using your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing and sending information materials as part of the activities of the Slovenian Ambassador Program.
Slovenian Convention Bureau
Slovenian Ambassador Program is managed by the Slovenian Convention Bureau with the support of the Slovenian Tourist Board, in cooperation with the Ljubljana Convention Bureau and other destination ambassador clubs established locally (Maribor, Nova Gorica, Portorož, Bled, Kranjska Gora) and project partners.
Contact person: Miha Kovačič, Director
Address: Vojkova cesta 65, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Telephone: +386 1 569 12 60
Your request will be answered within 48 hours from the receipt of the request by the Slovenian Convention Bureau.
- Personal data retention
The Slovenian Convention Bureau may retain your personal data in accordance with the following principles:
- as required by law, an agreement, or our legal obligations; or
- as long as this is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and for being processed, or longer if so required by any agreement or applicable legislation, or for statistical purposes, taking into consideration suitable security measures,
- until the consent for the processing of personal data for a specific purpose is cancelled.
Any amendments to the personal data policy of the Slovenian Convention Bureau will be published on the website www.slovenia-convention.com.